A Strong Heritage
Lexington has a rich history, is centrally located in what is known as
The location is hard to beat with transportation access to:
- Four key highways (Interstate 85, US Highway 64, US Highway 52 (future I-285) and US Highway 29/70)
- Rail connections
- Deep water ports
- Central location that puts most eastern U.S. population centers within a day’s drive
Chick-fil-A Ribbon Cutting
MRI Hotels has announced plans to build a new Hampton Inn in Lexington, NC. The hotel will be located next to the Lidl grocery store at the corner of Fritts St. and Fairview Dr. The 80+ room hotel will include a swimming pool, meeting center, fitness center, laundry facility, snack shop, free wifi and breakfast.
- MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. consolidated three buildings into a 137,000 square foot production facility in 2015.
- Locating just south of the city limits, EGGER is building a wood-product production facility which will bring a global presence replicating its leading market position in Europe.
- Save-A-Lot and United Furniture selected Lexington for their business model.
- Several of Lexington's corporate citizens are located at the Lexington Business Center, which has additional land opportunities for your corporate headquarters!
Davidson County EDC
City Council has formed a strong partnership with Davidson County Economic Development Commission (EDC) resulting in ongoing support for economic development initiatives. Visit the EDC website here.