Bi-weekly Recycling Collection
Recyclables are collected bi-weekly simultaneously with garbage collection. See the 2019 Recycling Rollout Calendar & 2020 Recycling Rollout Calendar for details. Visit the 2019 Holiday Collection Schedule & 2020 Holiday Collection Schedule to verify your pickup day during a holiday.
Citizens are strongly encouraged to manage and reduce waste whenever possible. By recycling, you can preserve green space and help reduce landfill costs. Lexington City Council goals support development of "green" commitment initiatives. Join us in the mission to "go green!"
Items to Recycle:
GLASS IS NO LONGER ACCEPTED AS A RECYCLABLE ITEM
- Aluminum/steel and beverage cans (rinse and remove lids from food cans)
- Plastic milk/soda containers (marked with 1-7 recycling symbol)
- Paper, newspapers, magazines, junk mail, catalogs, computer paper, notebook paper, phone books
- Cardboard (corrugated and collapsible)
- Paperboard packaging, shoeboxes, gift boxes, drink cartons and clean dry food boxes
- Cereal boxes (remove wax paper or foil liners)
Note: All boxes must be flattened. If an item is NOT listed above, it is NOT acceptable in the recycling rollout container.
- Place blue recycling rollout container at the curb, street or roadside the night prior to collection day or by 6:00 a.m. on collection day.
- Return containers from the curb the same evening after the designated collection day.
- Wheels must face the residence with a minimum distance of four (4) feet between each container, utility poles, mailboxes, vehicles, or any object obstructing clearance for collection truck.
- The recycling rollout is assigned to your location - do not remove.
- Be sure that recyclable items are not jammed into the rollout container. Flatten and place large cardboard boxes beside the rollout container.
- Do not place trash, garbage, yard waste or any other item that is not on the acceptable recyclable list shown above.
Connect With Lexington