Public Services for the City of Lexington, NC encompasses the majority of the traditional
- Public Services Administration is available to field public inquiries and coordinate your public service needs with department operations; while conducting financial, customer service, and administrative responsibilities
- Engineering services for technical plan review and contract management
- Street Maintenance including street sweeping and the maintenance of city sidewalks, curb and gutter
- Recycling and Waste Collection services to maintain cleanliness and overall appearance and create a positive impression for citizens and visitors
- Maintenance of Public Buildings and Grounds including the Edward C. Smith Civic Center, LFI Plant 1 and Depot District property while under redevelopment, parks
- Maintenance of the city's fleet of vehicles and equipment in Fleet Management services
- Water Resources public utility to ensure a safe and adequate supply of drinking water and environmentally safe wastewater treatment.
The personnel in each of these departmental areas operate under the leadership of various Public Services Managers and collaborate to seek the most efficient and effective service delivery for the citizens of this community.
If you are unsure who to contact for your public service needs, please feel free to contact public service coordinators within Public Services Administration. View the department's organizational chart here.