Everyone knows that summers get hot in Lexington, and Lexington Parks and Recreation has the solution! The Washington Park Splash Pad is 4,000 square feet of awesome water park fun, and also has updated restrooms, shelters, and a playground beside it. The splash pad won the 2019 Reader's Choice award for best Seasonal Attraction in Davidson County! Also check out the Lexington Aquatic Park, a competition-size swimming pool with a zero-depth entry and splash features, open throughout the summer!
Washington Park Splash Pad - currently evaluating status for summer of 2019
100 Bookington Drive
Splash pad is open 10:00am - 7:00pm daily in season
There is no cost to enjoy the splash pad
Lexington Aquatic Park - closed for summer of 2019
207 Forest Rose Drive
Pool is open from 1:30pm - 6:00pm in season
The cost is $1 for ages 0-17, and $2 for ages 18 and up
Washington Park Splash Pad Rules
The Splash Pad is open 10:00am - 7:00pm daily in season, and is free of charge.
- No pets allowed
- No glass containers, food, drinks, chewing gum, or smoking
- Please rinse in shower before entering the water
- No toys, balloons, bikes, skateboards, or scooters
- No running, rough play, or profanity
- Persons with open cuts, sores, or communicable diseases are prohibited
- Adequate adult supervision is required of children
- Swimwear is required and non-potty trained children must wear swim diaper
How does the Splash Pad work?
Activate the spray features by pressing button on top of the blue pole on splash pad during operating hours.
This activates a 4 minute spray cycle. If system is not activating during hours of operation, the system is working to correct the chemical balance.
The system may take 30 minutes or more to correct.
Questions, or need to report an issue with the Splash Pad?
Call the Parks and Recreation office, 336-248-3960 with questions Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm. At other times, send a message to www.facebook.com/lexparksandrec, or www.facebook.com/washingtonparklexington.
Lexington Aquatic Park Rules
**Please note, the Lexington Aquatic Park has regulations for capacity of visitors for safety.
When capacity is reached, staff are unable to allow further guests to enter the facility until the number of visitors has decreased to a safe quantity.**
- A responsible adult age 18 or older must accompany ages 8 and younger into
the water. The child must be within arm’s reach of the adult at all times. The
ratio of adults to children are as follows: children ages 6-8 - three children to
one adult; children ages 5 and under – one adult per child.
- If a person is designated as a NON SWIMMER, they must wear a Coast Guard
approved life jacket. Flotation belts are to be used for only YMCA swim
lessons. An adult age 18 or older must be within arm’s reach of the child and
actively engaged with the NON SWIMMER at all times.
- No one is permitted into the pool in street clothes; gym shorts, basketball
shorts, cut offs, or sweat pants.
- NO INFLATABLE flotation devices are allowed in the pool for safety.
- Equipment may be used at the lifeguard’s discretion.
- No diving into the pool
- Children who are not potty-trained must wear a swim diaper.
- If a swimmer has an open cut or sore, they may not get into the water.
- The pool deck is not a changing room. All children need to change in a
- The Lifeguard on duty has the final authority for decisions impacting safety of
swimmers or the facility.
- Coolers and snacks are allowed; however, glass of any kind is not permitted.
- Alcohol, tobacco, drugs and/or paraphernalia, and weapons are not allowed at the pool.
Phone during operating hours: (336) 242-1121
Outside of operating hours: (336) 249-2177 (J. Smith Young YMCA)
Admission is $1 for ages 0-17, $2 for 18+ (Y Members get in free)
2020 HOURS OF OPERATION
Open Memorial Day and weekends ONLY
1:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday - Sunday 1:30 - 6:00pm
Closed on Mondays