Benefits Package Highlights:
- Membership in the Local Governmental Employees' Retirement System
- NC 401(k)
- Group Health Insurance that includes medical, vision and dental coverage administered by MedCost Benefit Services
- Life Insurance benefits (including Accidental Death and Dismemberment), Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability coverage provided at no cost to eligible employees through the Standard Insurance Company
- Employer paid annual leave
- Employer paid holidays (12 Days Per Year)
- Employer paid civil leave
- Shared leave
- Overtime pay, on call pay, and holiday premium pay
- Employer paid longevity bonus after three years
- Employer paid career development educational assistance
- Vertical career ladder opportunities
- Working on Well-Being Program participation incentives of up to 12 hours of extra leave granted a year
- Employee Assistance Program with Legal Assist, Financial Assist, and ID Theft Protection and Recovery
- Local Government Employees Federal Credit Union eligibility
The Human Resources staff are key to facilitating and advocating the City's wellness program, known as "Working on Well-Being" or the WOW program. This award winning wellness program is intended to promote healthy lifestyles for City employees, as well as hold down or reduce the overall health insurance costs of the City's medical benefit plan.
Here are just an example of our WOW programs:
Free Onsite Health Coaching
Fall Onsite Flu Shot Clinic
Spring and Fall Onsite Mobile Mammogram Screening
Annual Well-Being, Safety, and Benefits Fair
Discounted Gym Memberships
Lunch and learns, incentivized challenges, and health education programs
WOW Mission Statement
"Improving the health and well being of the City of Lexington employees' lives through health education, encouragement and activities that build up our valued employees inside and out."
For additional information about the employee wellness program, please contact us.
For additional information about the employee benefit program, please contact us. View the entire printable 2018 Benefits Digest here or flip through it below.