COVID-19 UPDATE 3/23/2020
**Lexington COVID-19 UPDATE Effective March 25, 2020**
PRESS PAUSE and STAY HOME – only go out for work, food, medicine and solitary outdoor exercise.
SOCIAL DISTANCING = minimum 6 feet of separation with everyone.
City of Lexington is committed to adapt and implement additional measures for your safety, during this rapidly changing public health crisis:
- All events at Commons on the Green, Edward C. Smith Civic Center and Breeden Insurance Amphitheater are suspended through July 4th weekend.
- Playgrounds, restrooms and water fountains in City parks closed. No basketball games or close contact allowed (6 feet of separation), basketball courts should be primarily individual use. Trails and open spaces are still open and people are encouraged to use them while practicing social distancing.
- Lexington Golf Course enforcing measures of social distancing, while allowing people to still enjoy the game of golf.
- Lexington Utilities call center extending hours 6am to 8pm to better serve and educate on safer ways to handle utility business online and by phone.
Late payment and non-sufficient/returned check fees are also suspended, in addition to utility disconnects and non-payment fees. Customers should continue payments to minimize long-term impact.
Reminder that all essential government, public safety and utility services continue. We are committed to you in these uncertain times.
Physical distancing from each other WILL save lives and WE CAN do this together…as long as it takes. Click here to learn more about what we are doing.
For additional information:
- www.ncdhhs.gov/coronavirus (866-462-3821)
- https://www.co.davidson.nc.us/200/Health (336-242-2300)
- Wake Health Lex Medical Center Hotline (336-70-COVID)
- Novant Hotline (877-9-NOVANT)
- Text COVIDNC to 898211 for updates or dial 2-1-1