Welcome to the City of Lexington Calendar of Events!
"All Categories" and "All Departments" are the defaults. Use the drop down menus to view meetings and events for specific departments. Click on an event to view more details, and to add to your personal calendar.
Lexington Farmer's Market at the Depot
Shop your favorite local vendors between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and NOON.
- Date: 08/08/2020 8:00 AM
- Location: Lexington Historic Southern Railway Freight Depot
129 South Railroad Street
Lexington, North Carolina 27292
- Introduction: Shop for locally grown, fresh produce, a great variety of seasonal plants and flowers, fresh baked goods and handmade crafts, great for any family picnic or backyard barbecue!
*** NEW HOURS ***
Starting Saturday, July 25 through October 10, the Market will be open from 8 am to Noon.
The Pre-Order Drive-Thru Lane is open from 8 am to 10 am . No reservations required now, just come anytime between 8 and 10 am.
*NEW RULES FOR SHOPPING AT THE LEXINGTON FARMERS MARKET AT THE DEPOT DURING COVID-19*
The Farmer's Market is still open to provide local, healthy options during COVID-19. However, they have put in place new rules to keep customers and vendors safe.
The most notable changes are:
- Please stay home if you are sick or have been around someone who is.
- Masks are required in accordance with the Governor’s Executive Order. If you cannot wear a mask for health reasons, we recommend that you use our pre-order drive-thru lane.
- Shop with purpose to shorten everyone's wait time.
- Vendors will help one shopper at a time. Single file lines only. Please stay 6 feet apart. Please be prepared to wait patiently in line with your favorite vendors.
- 50 shoppers are allowed in the Depot at a time. If we exceed 50 customers in the Depot, we will implement a “1 out, 1 in” policy at each door. While we have relaxed our “1 or 2 designated shopper” request, if we go overcapacity, we will request that you limit your group sizes to allow everyone to shop.
- Stand in line on the blue Xs; move along the red tape. You may stand with someone you live with. No matter where you are in the Depot, please keep 6 feet between you and others.
- Point to what you want and the vendors will get it for you. Some vendors will let you touch products but they may ask you to hand sanitize first.
- Please save the 8-9 am hour for seniors and other shoppers at high risk.
The Farmer's Market will update the rules as the situation changes, so make sure to visit their website for the most up to date information!
Don't forget to take advantage of the new pre-order drive-thru pickup!
Whether you are trying to live a healthy life style or just shopping around town, this is the place to be! For more details and other Farmers Market events, visit them on Facebook!